Friday, January 18, 2013

Where I want my Blog/Brand/Business to be in five years. - c/o Cocktail Deeva!


What a crazy trip it has been from the start of this blog. It is hard to understand the journey clearly, but somehow I am now legally entitled to call myself an INTERN ARCHITECT! Wow! What does that mean you might ask? Darn if I know, except somewhere along the line design and the art of making things are bound to get involved. So here I am in the midst of yet a transformational stage in my career where I am wanting to exit the ivory tower of academia and face the real world head on with all the energy I can muster! I LOVE Architecture, and one thing I have noticed is that Canada has some incredibly unique and wonderful perspectives on architecture.

So where do I want my Blog/Brand/Business to be in five years? Well, quite simply, I would love to have it be part of a greater online social media community. I want the discussions of Architecture to touch the child, the parent, the mailperson, everyday people that are surrounded by Architecture but don’t yet recognize how it’s affecting them. I want to be able to share and borrow some exciting, titillating, exhilarating and passionate views on the world we live in through the eye of camera, photographer, with words that can paint new views of the environment, share ideas that can be inspiring and hear of opinions that will bring new forms and meanings to the contemporary setting of ARCHITECTURE or a.k.a. places/building where we live, work and play!

I’m excited about this possibility! I think everyone can participate in this discussion and should. We can envision together a world that can inspire us and be better for us.

My blog has been an instrument of reflection and academic jargon. I forsee this “non contest” as an opportunity to communicate these reflections in a new way. A trendy way. As my wife would describe, “a down to earth way”. A look that appeals and a language that connects with a wider audience.

Thank you to Dee Brun for providing this opportunity and kick starting my imagination to where my blog could go and be in five years. Don’t let my drab blogging appearance deceive you. My extreme makeover has been needing a priority shift for a while but I’ve been a busy Dad of 3 great kids ages 7 - 11, student for over a decade and now commuter to Toronto, ON for a stunning Architecture firm, Cannon Design, while living in Waterloo, ON. I’m the sole provider for my growing family and prioritizing those wonderful life joys has sucked up all my creative juggling juices. However, now seems to be the time because the opportunity presented itself and for this opportunity Dee, I’m most grateful.


8 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for entering...this is a great post and you seem to have a clear vision of where you want to go...This sometimes is the harderst part..Cheers are your new adventure and your hard work getting there...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much its been an amazing adventure so far and am looking forward to the new discoveries to come. You're absolutely right, finding a clear vision has been one of the hardest parts. Thanks for understanding that piece...

      Delete
  2. Wawho! Just announced as winner! SOoooo Exciting! Looking forward to getting some great insight into the branding world! Thanks cocktaildeeva

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Andre! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lindsay, hoping I can keep up with you and Daisy on the whole social media thing! Exciting times!

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. weird i live in waterloo.. congrats on the win

    ReplyDelete